East St. Paul is a distinctive rural community with urban advantages dedicated to maintaining a safe environment with a superior level of public service.
General Duties of Members of Council
- To consider the well-being and interests of the municipality as a whole and to bring to the council's attention anything that would promote the well being or interests of the municipality
- To participate generally in developing and evaluating the policies and programs of the municipality
- To participate in meetings of Council and of Council committees and other bodies to which the member is appointed
- To keep in confidence matters discussed at meetings closed to the public
- To serve as a chairperson on one of the sub-committees of Council
If you are planning on attending a regular council meeting, it is advisable to check with the Municipal Office at 668-8112 to confirm the date, time and location. Unless otherwise stated, all council meetings will be held in the Council Chambers in the Municipal Office.